Saturday, June 28, 2008

This is the end of the road...

Well, it was a good run.

Unfortunately, this is the end of the road for the L143. I ended the restoration process last night around 3am. I put all the pieces back together again, only to come to the conclusion that this organ is dead. I believe the tone generator is bad, and it will not ever produce the right sound.

I will post a video of the progress as soon as I can. Perhaps tonight or tomorrow evening. We'll see how much time I have.

The sad thing is, I bought this organ it wasn't just given to me. But I had to find out the hard way that this was a dead organ. I spent roughly one week doing at least something everyday in order to restore this organ. I feel as though I'm a child who bought a toy at some amusment park out of state, got home to play with it, and it's broken,......and I can't just go back to the out of state amusement park and return it for another one. I'm stuck with it.

The good news to all of this, is that through my phone calls, and making contacts,...I've come across an M3 that is in almost pristine condition (so the tech says), with one original owner, for FREE. Supposedly the only thing that is needed is a start/run switch. I'll pick this one up in about three weeks or so, and start a new blog on it. I believe that God restores what was stolen from His people, and I believe that to be the case here.

Thanks to all who read,......it was definately a learning experience, but a disapointing one to say the least.


-E

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, I'm sorry! Whatever happened, with us writing on our L-100 series, you gave me the strength to go on.

You gave me confidence that other people, somewhere in the world are Hammond-lovers, and have an L-*** organ. Because, there is more written about the A-100 series, the B-series than the L-100 series. The L-100 is a hidden secret, I'm convinced.

And what about a second hand tone generator? There maybe is an almost free TWG for you waiting somewhere. A Hammond bound for the scap yard, but saved by you?

The L-143 came to you, because you have the passion it needs. The M-3 comes to you, for the same reason. Please, take in the M-3. But please, stick with the L-143. Just for a while?

Rogier

Eric; aka E-Roc said...

I actually will for a while. I'm going to give her some time and see if she comes around, but it's not looking to good. Today was the best she has sounded, but it's still too far gone I'm afraid.

I know, I know, it's a sad sad deal, perhaps this organ can be a parts organ for someone like I once was looking for parts to get her back and running again.

-E